Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Garden

I decided that I was not going to do a garden this year because I was really busy, it was late in the year and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. Amina overheard me talking to Melanie about my decision and was quite upset. She told me "the prophet said we should plant a garden." Uhhggh! Plus, she wouldn't be able to eat her gypsy peppers if we didn't have a garden. That was all it took. So I got my butt in gear and planted a garden.

This year we have lots of different peppers, 4 different types of tomatoes, yellow straight-neck squash, spaghetti squash, cantaloupe, watermelon, giant sunflowers, blue lake bush beans, sweet basil and tomatillos.

I want to take pictures of it every other week to document its growth. That way the whole world can see how horribly we weed. Hopefully I can keep up with it better than I did last year. Thank you Amina. This garden space would be a massive weed patch if it weren't for your inspiration. -Ryan

2 comments:

JJCC said...

You sould grow some cotton candy, I hear it's cheap.

ebudd said...

What's up Moffetters - love the garden, loved you guys at the Bailey BBQ Fantastico. You girls are all so beautiful. I can't believe how much things have changed but are still the same (as the cliche goes). Can't wait to see the village ninja float in next year's parade.

Love, the Budds