Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Bedroom Makeover Surprise

Ready to leave for Kansas City in my beautiful, red, Skills USA blazer at 4:00 AM.

So this is a bit of a flashback to the trip that I took to Kansas City. Check out my nice red Skills USA blazer! I had to be at the airport at 4:00 AM, thus the excited look on my face. Anyway, the day before I left Melanie and I purchased new bedroom furniture from IKEA but I did't have any time to put it together. So, I went on my trip knowing that I would have quite a chore when I returned. When I did return, 6 days later, Melanie brought up the unpleasant reality that when we got home we would have to put the bedroom together. The worst part was thinking about how we were going to get that old massive desk out of the room. That thing weighs a ton! When she brought that to my attention I immediately deflated, thinking "time to get back to work." I missed my family so much while I was gone (6 days is a long time) but thinking about all the work that needed to be done was not pleasant. She apologized for bringing my trip to such an abrupt end but that didn't help much.

When we got home and I finally made it downstairs I couldn't believe what I saw. The furniture had all been assembled, that old ugly desk was gone, and the best part, the room had been completely painted and redecorated! The colors are perfect, the furniture looks awesome, the bedspread and pillows are gorgeous, everything is perfect! I was so incredibly happy and very surprised. I did not think that Melanie would find the time to even begin putting the furniture together let alone paint!

I learned that Melanie had lots of help to pull of such a mammoth task. Thank you Heidi. Thank you girls. And of course, thank you Melanie. You did a fabulous job. I love you. -Ryan


No comments: