Saturday, July 26, 2008

Moffett Reunion 2008

Everyone made it to this year's Moffett Reunion-- including a future Moffett, a potential Moffett and a couple of wannabe Archuletas (you are always welcome at the Moffett get-togethers.) We went to Seven Peaks water park in Provo to start off. I thinks that was the first time our girls have been to a real water park. Sorry if you feel too sheltered girls. They had an absolute blast! I was amazed at Maisy's love of the big slides. She could not get enough. I took her on most of the slides and at the end of each ride she would say "again! again!" She tried hard to talk me into letting her ride more at the end of the day when the park was closing. The other girls loved hanging out with their cousins. Some of us got a little more sun than others. Melanie took a nap... in the sun... with no sunscreen. Ouch! Those legs are going to hurt. But I think the worst burn award goes to Tim. You should see the blisters he has today. He had one blister so bad you could see it bulging through his T-shirt. I told him he had to keep his shirt on because I was not wearing the proper eye protective gear just in case it popped. His whole face was covered with blisters. He did, however, seem to be taking it like a man. I never heard him complain. Good job Tim! Congratulation for being so honorable despite unwise circumstances.

After Seven Peaks we all went to the Marriott in Provo where we stayed the night. The next day we packed up and went to a park east of the BYU campus. There we played games and visited before Boyd and Josie had to take off back to New Mexico. Krystal and Jake brought a game to the park called Mexican Horseshoes. It was quite addicting. Terrell and his boys had played the game before so we used the rules that they were familiar with and made some minor adjustments for our own version. I need to make one of those games for us. I think it would be fun, not to mention cheap entertainment.

We rushed from the park to Chuck-a-Rama in Bountiful just in time for Lunch. Five minutes later and we would have had to pay the dinner price. Well, we wouldn't have had to pay because Grandma and Grandpa treated us all to the dinner. They wanted to do that because we missed our traditional New Year's Day dinner because most of the family was traveling to Shae and David's wedding in New Mexico. Thank you Mom and Dad! Dinner was great!

The rest of the night was spent visiting and playing games at Ardel's and LeiLani's home in Bountiful. It was really a lot of fun. It was great to see the cousins mingling. Sadie told me that she saw Maisy go up to Rachel and tell her "we are going to be best friends-- ever" (instead of forever.)

Thank you Natalie and LeiLani (and Kerry and Ardel) for putting so much into this reunion. We enjoyed every bit of it. -Ryan

3 comments:

ebudd said...

Ah, Seven Peaks. Ah, sun burns. Looks like fun - I myself am not a water park enthusiast. I've never tanned, though I've tried. My family and their paleness go from white, to red, to white . . . oh well. I haven't been back to Seven Peaks since I was little and my dad got so sun burnt that all the hair on his legs fell off and he was in so much pain that he had to spend all day in a cold shower - no kidding! Perhaps I can get over that horrible memory, though, and enjoy some slidin' fun - for the kids sake, right?

Moffett Manor said...

Don't do it Liz. Pretend water parks do not exist. I am telling you this for your own good. Stick to the improvised water slide at Hess Park.

ebudd said...

Yeah, that was pretty rad - you can count on unsafe 70s park equipment + a garden hose for fun every time. If I never take them to more than that, they'll never know what they're missing. Hah!