Sunday, July 20, 2008

Backpacking with Dad

On Friday, me and my dad went backpacking to Malan's Peak. It was a lot of fun and I went on some of the hardest hikes in my life. I am super sore now, but it was worth it. I saw a rattlesnake and got stung by stinging nettle. There were lizards all over the place. It was one of the greatest backpacking trips ever, even though it was my first one. I really hope I can go backpacking again!
The whole hike up was so steep. It took a while to get up to the campsite, and we had to take a lot of drinking breaks.
Malan's peak was beautiful and you can see all of Ogden. It is so high up, you can see practically everything!
At the campsite there is a stream that you can play in, wash your hands in, and filter water from. THe water from the stream is about10 times better that tap water!Our campsite used to be a two story hotel! All that is left from the hotel is a boiler. It was really cool to see something that old, just laying in the middle of nowhere.The hike back down was long and steep. I got blisters on my feet and my legs are so sore. But I had a great time and want to go backpacking again! -Amina

2 comments:

JJCC said...

Crazy fun and good memories. Thanks for shareing!!!

gomers said...

It sounds awsome Amina. You are one tough kid!