Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amina and Her Big Fat Birthday

Ryan took these pictures for Amina's 12th Birthday party invites. She didn't pick these ones but they are some of my favorites. I was thinking about how much she and I have grown and learned together, how much she has taught me and I wrote the poem at the bottom of this post. How lucky am I to have 4 beautiful daughters? If you didn't get an invite but would like to come, call me and I will give you the info.

What a goofball.
This is Our Amina

Amina has got courage, That’s an indisputable fact..
Of the many fears she’s conquered just one of them is to act.
She’s climbed mountains with her father, had a rock dropped on her head.
Though the stitches were traumatic, neither she nor I are dead.
She is tiny but she’s feisty and at all cost’s wins the game.
In soccer she’s fought giant’s and found out…. they fall the same.
There is sweetness in her being and a kindness to her heart
She was my cuddliest baby. Cuddling still is Amina’s art.
She’s a tough little cookie. She’s a leader and she’s smart
She likes to try out all new things, she’ll get in and take a part.
In the last 12 years she’s learned and grown. Found where she likes her hair parted.
But my beautiful Amina, get revved-
The real adventure is just getting started

No comments: